ładowanie
dsj2pl
🇵🇱🇬🇧

Forum: 🇬🇧conversations in English🇬🇧

Możesz użyć znaku gwiazdki (*), by zastąpić część słowa. Np. „skok*” wyszuka wszystkie posty ze słowami: skok, skoki, skoków itp.
Strona:
Darek
Arcymistrz
04.10.2023, 00:12
Hello Virtual Jumpers from outside Poland. Unfortunately, the website is not fully translated yet. So if you need help with anything, just ask here :)
jcoob
Legenda
04.10.2023, 08:14
@all, FYI, The FB group “DSJ Deluxe Ski Jump 2 Mobile Polska” is pretty much dead, for now all the DSJ mobile discussions are focused here😉
Zeppelin
Przedskoczek
10.10.2023, 21:58
That's a cool idea... :) After 🇺🇸USA I'm currently pushing Russia, but it's such a punishing hill... I like it a lot but I've always had trouble getting far there... One small mistake and that jump's gone...
Darek
Arcymistrz
11.10.2023, 17:33
@Zeppelin, How far You already jump? Maybe try without gibbon? with good wind 231+ is possible i guess, a lot of people make 230+ with classic style, in mobile and PC version. Imagin Romek Karwat in 2002 jump 2x 231 in tournament on Airco xD Romek was crazy skilled Beast :)
Zeppelin
Przedskoczek
12.10.2023, 09:43
Just above 230, I need a bit more... But I guess I know how to there, it's just about getting the jump done without mistakes ;) But I don't think about trying classic in Russia, I know it's viable, but then I'd have to start over finding a strategy for classic... EDIT: Did a 230,22... So at least German record ex aequo. Will have to do for now... But I will go back there at some point.
Darek
Arcymistrz
13.10.2023, 07:42
@Zeppelin, Congratulations PB, GERR + second place on dsj2.pl in the "po EZW" section :) For now, I managed to keep 1st place, but I'm sure you'll surpass me by a lot during your next visit to 🇷🇺RUS ;) Btw. The German record that you equaled was achieved by Dawid Wintersberger in the competition I mentioned. Played on 7/12/09/2002, won by Romek Karwat with jumps of 231.50 + 231.44. Dawid was 8 with 229.50 m + 230.22. https://web.archive.org/web/20041231101744/http://www.dsj.airco.com.pl/turnieje/mamuty/rosja.html btw2. I will accept Your jump on weekend.
Zeppelin
Przedskoczek
13.10.2023, 13:30
Don't know about improving by a lot. Mammoth hills are always tricky I find. You can make lots of good jumps, but if you don't get that magic moment when you have the right wind and there are no wobbly skis in the flight you can jump for ages and get no result... Edit: E.g. I didn't need too much time for my 170 in 🇺🇸USA, it happened surprisingly fast but I seem to need much more time on the bigger hills.
Darek
Arcymistrz
13.10.2023, 17:32
@Zeppelin, Overall, I always recommend for PC players to jump on mammoths first with the wind editor set to 3.8/4.1. And only when you achieve significant distance progress in relation to the first jumps, and you enter into high repeatability (so that the best minimum of 20 of 32 jumps differ by 25/50 cm) 1. Due to the fact that the flight phase on mammoths is much longer than on smaller objects, a person is not able to correctly assess what effect the wind had on the jump. Because in fact we are not able to correctly assess even the average wind (even watching the replay of the jumps several times in slow motion, and who does that while jumping?) - and we must remember that the same average, with a different wind structure, would give a different distance when jumping without errors. 2. also due to the length of the flight on mammoths, it is very difficult to determine how much we actually lost during the flight due to the jumper's imperfect positioning. And here again there are issues such as whether the wind increased or decreased at the moment of minimal loss of position, a completely different impact in the distance will also give the same error at different moments of the lift + many more. So drawing conclusions and comparing jumps is extremely difficult in variable wind conditions, much more difficult on mammoth hills than on small hills. I have often found myself in a blind alley, considering weak jumps to be good and good jumps to be weak, which is why I gave up on certain micro-moves that I wanted to add to the jump, believing that they spoiled the jump. And after months I was significantly beating my PB by adding previously rejected micro moves to my jump. A constant wind eliminates many variables and allows you to make much faster progress + assess how repeatable you actually are. Master, you must also remember that you jump with less deceleration than the rest of the top players, which on small hills has a slightly smaller impact than on mammoths where the optimal position in flight translates into a lot (as shown, for example, by Andrzej Materna's AI jumps - there the flight is perfect and you can see that the difference in the flight speed of an AI jumper compared to jumpers controlled by humans increases with each meter)
Zeppelin
Przedskoczek
19.10.2023, 19:45
Thanks for greenlighting my new jumps... I know that probably wind editor would help me progress in my jumping skills especially on the bigger hills. Unfortunately it's not running yet for because I'm on Win11. But I'm working on a solution. So I'm still stuck with my instinct based method and have to see how far it'll get me...
Zeppelin
Przedskoczek
28.10.2023, 14:22
257.87 in Italy crashed, replay is coming... It was a nice jump, but wind started to drop around the lines and then you already know you're done... But probably would have been a miss anyway because it would have been over 258 if the wind stayed high and I don't think you can land there at all...
Strona:
Odpowiedz