ładowanie
dsj2pl
🇵🇱🇬🇧

Forum: Zmienne wiatry / changing winds

Strona:
Uhhh, it's so hard to find good wind in Austria... Lower than 3 inrun and 4+ flight is so rare...
@Zeppelin, (sorry for long re, and my english, but i try to give You all i got😅) yeap, really good winds are rare, especialy that using dosbox to run dsj2 is messing something with reading system clock by game + wind seeds are corelated to system clock(You will always have same starting wind, with same changing rate, if You start cup on same time - but You need to do it precise by 0.x sec.) But how i say, dosbox mess something with reading system clock , so like 1/3 seeds that was possible to play using ms dos, now is impossible to hit - also "strongest seeds"(moust changable winds), so its impossible to play on winds like Dominik and Adam jumps on - because "new WR's are jumped on seeds with changing rate 0.060xx/0.064xx🤷‍♂️ Anyway, old WR's was jumped on wind seeds with changing rate betwen 0.03xx/0.04xx - and a lot of seeds like that is possible to hit using dosbox(even low 0.05xx). So its just like be patient, really patient. Do wind serching, using replay wind bug, and try to execute best You can game plan for jump tousends of times before You will do everything close to perfect + wind will be good🤷‍♂️ One tip. In "old times" moust of pro players was having knowlage about corelation seeds to system clock - so they check system clock before they start cup on for example k70. When they find really nice seed, they write down a time they start cup + what exacly was starting wind(for exaple 19:00:04 wind from up to down with 3.2)m/s). Then after jumping they close game, change system clock, and then run a game and try to start cup on exacly the same time(its not to eazy but possible - like i say, You need to be precize with it to tens of secound). And when they see that starting wind was again 3.2m/s with exacly same angle from up to down they jump, if starting wind was different - again - close game, change time...etc. With time they have list of couple times. So You can try like this. To be honest - it have no sence in my oppinion, dsj2 on PC is corrupted as hell. Best is to jump on Mobile - we got acces to full wind seeds like on ms-dos not like on dosbox + we dont bother to use any changing system times , cheet engines, debugger, etc. + On mobile there is no wind editor, etc. On PC almoust 20 years ago someone create wind editor - that can read wind from replay and allow You to jump on it as many times as You wish(and save replay that will not crush if You play it without wind editor on), later minimum 1 person recreate it,. So join Mobile players Mate, game work smooth, etc😎
No problem, I appreciate the long reply, you learn something new each day... I jumped quite a lot "back in the old days" and I knew about the probabilities of fast changing winds, and that it was rumored that it's decided once you open the game. So if you don9;t have fast changing winds in the first 10 tries, restart the game, etc. Also the thing with the system clock and I tried to do that a while, but I probably was not a hardcore player enough to get that done good... And then variable wind editor came... But I did not know that Dosbox changes things and the probabilities for fast changing winds are lower :( So how do Adik and Domin do it? Play under Win98? And about wind editor: I didn't know it was recreated. I thought only that one version for 2.01 existed, was there one for 2.1? Anyway, mobile is not really an option, I just want to retake place 1 in the German ranking and maybe all German records in the long run...
@Zeppelin, R U Severin F.? Do we got a Cham there?🤔 Maybe You remember chicken/chicken rapist from old times, that was me✌️ Andrzej M. Use (i hope i translate it good) reverse engineering to learn as much about procceses in DSJ 2 that he could, because He was wishing to learn AI to jump in DSJ 2. Finally he made it, and in process, he recreate algoritms from winds seeds, etc. He also learn in what exact time game read wind seed, so also how (having full list of seeds) change that value on running game (ussing dosbox debugger, cheet engine). He share it with couple persons, i Was one of them. But i use it a little, have a lot dilema isnit cheeting, then Andrzej say those strongest seeds are impossible to hit using dosbox(without puting them manually by debugger) and i quit, because its like completly different game for couple person🤷‍♂️ On my favorite K240 i was having 300.5+ without using dosbox and like half of "known" 299+ was mine.i think in my life i grind this hi for like xxxxx h, then Ussing wind seeds i make 2x300+ in 1h...😂 also i jump first 212+ on k170...after couple months without playing at all, in 12 jump if i remember good... So yee, difference betwen jumping with and without seeds are crazy. I delete debbuger + all dsj2 copy from my pc and simply "forgot about this game for good". @Dawid see video of full sesion on strongest seeds and he can confirme that is crazy, simply crazy. Also Andrzej M say hebrecreate this fucking wind editor that deatroy game, but he dont share it from what i know + when i have yt channelnone person tell me that couple years earlier someone else was recreate it and maybe know all wind seeds, etc. (Maybe this alex burgger was having that knowlage also? I talk with Jussi and He tell me he have no option to verify replays by checking wind seeds, etc - so he propably only check do they work and thats it) Bad luck is that Andrzej ask me and rest of people that he share wind seeds to not share them to anyone, like i say i delete them, Dominik propably will wish to share them to, but promise is promise so are heands are tie🤷‍♂️ Jumping on it was looking like that. 1. Run dsj by debugger dosbox. 2.push "pauze" on keyb. 3. Copy from exel comand that will pauze game when dsj read wind seed. 4. Unpauze, Start cup, game will pauze on loading hill screen 5. Alt+tab to debbuger window + passate seed value from exel, unpauze 6. Back to dsj 2 window and enjoy jumping with wind seed You choose🤷‍♂️ +They jump with 94/98% of slowmo Simply like that, so this give adventage ass hell in my opinion, even unfair i can say - compare to normall wind serching😔 for me to much adventage, so i treate "new records" like records from different game😅 Still need to respect Dominik and Adam skill - because using this method is not like "in 7 jump it will be 5.2m/s) so You can focuse on one specyfic jump- only wind changing value is same in every cup, and first wind we see after cup start - it could turn to left or right, give 20x 4+ in one cup or give it only once. But still its possible to have 2x 5m/s+ in air starting from 2.x in one day - impossible without seeds trick. Coming back to wind editor, i guess Andrzej make one working on 2.1 - but i think he did not share it. But if 2 Polish Mans make it - everyone who is reallly really god in programing, and spend time on it, will be able to recreate it😔 About winds on dosbox, game cut like 1/3 off all seeds, bad luck al mous chengablle winds (0.06xxx+) all in that cuted list. But also it cuts a lot of wick winds. You know, if seed change by 0.3 sec or even 0.1 then in 24h we got really a lot of them, and rule of what wind are missing is do dosbox and system clock synchronize in "time they exist"(± im not programist, that was expleined to me once when i was druk years ago), not they power or something. So still hiting betrer wind seed then thouse from old WR's is possible. About this "old method" that You could never use it , no worry - in old days i did not even know about it, when rest told me about it i stop play because it was also for me frustrating to do it good, + its little stupid to be honest😅 + Wind seed is readed by game not in moment that game open, but in time when hill is loaded - so maybe that was the problem in Your case? If You will be trying this, just focuse on starting cup on same time👍 Good luck with coming back to top 1 in DE👍 You got really strong top players in Germany💪 hope the best, also hope that jumping on mobille will be option for You in future✌️
Yeah you got me, that's me... ;) Back in the old days A LOT was rumors, some people maybe had the knowledge, maybe some even had wind hacks earlier, but most people including me depended on what we thought we knew. And that was that it seemed DSJ decided on startup how likely it was to get fast changing winds. So we thought sometimes you get fast changing winds two out of 10 times, sometimes never, sometimes more often. That's why quit and restart... That was all trial and error... I didn't even know there were specific values. Same as we thought there are specific starting winds on every hill that are especially good. No one could prove that but we all thought it's true... If putting in the seeds (still don't understand the term completely) manually only changes how fast the wind changes, then I think it's okay 🤔 Then it's just cutting out the time you need to search for that fast changing winds manually... If putting in the wind seeds results in having the exact same wind progress the whole competition, then it's something different completely, because then you can concentrate on on specific jump over and over again... As for slowdown: I don't think 94 to 98 gives you an advantage.. If I use -9 on takeoff and -5 on flight in xspeed I think that's slow enough. Slower won't help me, but that's all personal feeling...
Post deleted because ± it contain to much copyrighted details🤷‍♂️
Ah okay, now I get it... So putting in the wind seed manually just makes sure, that you definitely have hurricane wind every single time you start a cup. So it "only" eliminates the time you spend searching for wind, leaving more time to actually jump. If there was a tutorial on how to do it, maybe more players would start to play DSJ2 again when they feel they have an actual chance. To be honest, now that I know, that I can't get the same wind values as when I would jump on a Win98 pc is kind of a letdown, because knowing DOSbox fiddles with the values and no matter how long I search the wind will never be as good as otherwise feels kind of bad. Is there a way of checking which seed I have mid-cup? can I check it with a hex editor within a replay or is there more necessary? And concerning slowdown: I don't have my old replays anymore, so I can't really say, but if I remember correctly, the last jump I did without slowdown was my 288.64 in Slovenia. That was my first WR and at that time I didn't even know about slowdown, or all the other stuff... PS: For Social Media: If it fits at some time I will put it in a story or something like that...

Ankieta

... Ankieta zakończona 23.05.2023, 15:26.

tak1Głosujący: @Zeppelin

nie1Głosujący: @Domin

Post deleted because ± it contain to much copyrighted details🤷‍♂️
@Dariusz_Klimek, Andrzeja powinieneś zapytać, a nie ludzi z forum. Nie zaszkodzi z nim porozmawiać. Jak widać i tak wyłożyłeś już wszystkie karty na stół.
Strona:
Odpowiedz